So 2016 has landed and I think I can speak for all when I say it feels good to get back to normality, only it’s a different kind of normality, it’s a healthier, fitter, happier normality that makes us want to jump out of bed and cycle everywhere!
Obviously we all wish this were the case, but most of us know that we have a terrible habit of falling off the bandwagon and subsequently fall back into old habits.
BUT this year we want to help you make a difference, we want to help you make your resolutions a lasting change, so we have complied a few helpful tips for you…
- Get up earlier – we have bucket loads more motivation in the mornings!
- Tell others about your resolutions and write them down, you’ll have an outside party to keep you on track.
- Be realistic, start small – don’t try and lose 10lbs in 1 week, failure is the biggest reason we give up.
- Give yourself daily motivation, a photo on the fridge perhaps?
- Give yourself a date to work towards, or book a holiday, your resolutions will have much more meaning and focus.
- Be more mindful – if you want to lose weight think, will this piece of cake give me more happiness than reaching my end goal? Probably not…
- OR think about why you might feel post cake consumption, guilty? regretful? failure? You have the power to prevent these feelings!
- If your feeling the craving itch, make yourself busy doing something else, even doing the washing or walking the dog
- The more resistance we show, the more we have, so declining that biscuit might feel like only a small victory but it will fuel that motivation and make saying ‘no’ easier next time. Fact.
- Get your feel good hormone rush somewhere else, exercise, laughter and happiness release the same feel good pleasure and eating your favourite chocolate bar.
Follow these tips and you are sure to keep on track!
Happy new year folks, may 2016 bring you everything you wish for. x